Conditions of Sale
1. Terms: cash, personal checks, Master Card™, Visa™ or Discover (credit card payment accepted up to a maximum amount of $5,000).
2. SIMPSON GALLERIES has endeavored to catalogue and describe the property correctly, however, all property is sold "as is" and neither Simpson's nor its consignors will be responsible for the description, genuineness, provenance, or condition of the property. No statement contained in the catalogue or made orally at the sale or elsewhere, shall be deemed to be such a warranty, representation or an assumption of liability.
3. In regards to the works of art contained in the catalogue, SIMPSON GALLERIES has endeavored to correctly describe and attribute authorship to the best of their knowledge and ability and through the use of outside experts; however, since authentication and/or attribution is a matter of scholarship and therefore subject to change. SIMPSON GALLERIES does not make any express or implied warranties, guarantees, or representations and strongly suggests that prior to bidding, the buyer avail himself of his own expert, appraiser, or authenticator and rely solely on his advice or judgment.
4. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion either to determine the successful bidder, in which event his determination shall be final or, to re-offer and re-sell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, SIMPSON GALLERIES' sale record shall be conclusive as to who was the purchaser, the amount of the highest bid and in all other respects.
5. No properties purchased during auction may be removed prior to end of session.
6. Defects are not necessarily noted in the catalogue.
7. NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO ANY DESCRIPTION CONTAINED IN THIS AUCTION. Any description of the items contained in this auction is for the sole purpose of identifying the items, and no description of items has been made part of the basis of the bargain or has created any express warranty that the goods would conform to any description made by the Auctioneer.
8. All shipping charges will be borne by the successful bidder. Purchased property must be collected within 14 days following the auction. Property not collected within 14 days of the close of the auction will be subject to a storage fee equal to 1.5% of the hammer price per day. Property not collected within 60 days of the close of the auction will be considered abandoned and any monies paid to Simpson Galleries by the purchaser will be considered liquidated damages.
9. A premium of 19.5% of the purchaser’s bid will be added and is payable as part of the total price.
10. Placing a bid will indicate full understanding of, and compliance with the above conditions of sale.
Ray Simpson - Auctioneer #6899 ~ SIMPSON GALLERIES