Simpson Galleries Terms and Conditions of Sale
ALL SALES ARE “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. PLEASE SEE SECTIONS 2, 7, and 8 BELOW IN WHICH ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY AGAINST REDHIBITORY DEFECTS) ARE WAIVED.
1. Terms: cash, check, wire, Mastercard, Visa, or Discover (credit card payment accepted up to $5,000 maximum per invoice). All gold and jewelry purchases must be paid by wire transfer or cash. No other forms of payment will be accepted. Credit card payments in excess of $5,000 must be arranged directly with the auction house and will incur a 3% transaction fee on any amounts in excess of $5,000 including, but not limited to; hammer price, buyer’s premium, and any applicable sales tax.
2. SIMPSON GALLERIES, LLC., (hereinafter referred to as Simpson Galleries), has endeavored to catalogue and describe the property correctly however; all property is sold “as is” “where is” and neither Simpson Galleries nor its consignors will be responsible for the description, genuineness, provenance, or condition of the property. All weights and dimensions are to be considered approximate. No statement contained in the catalogue, or made orally at the sale, or elsewhere, shall be deemed to be such a warranty, representation, or an assumption of liability.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.
3. In regard to the works of art contained in the catalogue, Simpson Galleries has endeavored to correctly describe and attribute authorship to the best of their knowledge and ability and through the use of outside experts however; since authentication and/or attribution is a matter of scholarship and therefore subject to change, Simpson Galleries does not make any express or implied warranties, guarantees, or representations and strongly suggests that prior to bidding the buyer avail himself of his own expert, appraiser, or authenticator and rely solely on his advice or judgment.
4. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion either to determine the successful bidder, in which event his determination shall be final or to re-offer and re-sell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Simpson Galleries’ sale record shall be conclusive as to who was the purchaser, the amount of the highest bid, and in all other respects.
5. Floor bids take precedence over any other bids regardless of date or time placed. The live auction console does not diferentiate between left bids and live bids; therefore, the date and/or time a particular bid is placed has no bearing on which bid is accepted by the auctioneer. Any bidding service ofered by Simpson Galleries, (whether it be absentee, phone, or live bidding), is done so as a courtesy. Simpson Galleries is not responsible for errors or for the failure to execute any bid for any reason.
6. No properties purchased during auction may be removed prior to end of session.
7. Defects are not necessarily noted in the catalogue.
8. NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO ANY DESCRIPTION CONTAINED IN THIS AUCTION. Any description of the items contained in this auction is for the sole purpose of identifying the items, and no description of items has been made part of the basis of the bargain or has created any express warranty that the goods would conform to any description made by the Auctioneer.
9. All shipping charges will be borne by the successful bidder. Purchased property must be collected within 14 days following the auction. Property not collected within 14 days of the close of the auction will be subject to a storage fee equal to 1.5% of the hammer price per day. Property not collected within 60 days of the close of the auction will be considered abandoned and any monies paid to Simpson Galleries by the purchaser will be considered liquidated damages.
10. A premium of 22% (in-house), and 27% “Silver Lining Sale,” of the purchaser’s bid will be added and is payable as part of the total price.
11. By registering to bid with Simpson Galleries you have elected to receive email communications from Simpson Galleries including auction news and/or announcements. If you do not want to receive auction news and/or announcements from Simpson Galleries you may unsubscribe at any time by selecting the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by contacting us at [email protected] or (713) 524-6751.
12. Placing a bid will indicate full understanding of and compliance with the above conditions of sale.
William Simpson – Auctioneer TDLR #6899 – SIMPSON GALLERIES, LLC.