Simpson Galleries is delighted to present our highly anticipated winter Fine Art Auction showcasing an extraordinary collection of masterpieces from renowned artists and estate collections. Among the treasures is an exceptional work by the iconic artist, Helen Frankenthaler. Helen Frankenthaler, a trailblazing American abstract expressionist, redefined art with her revolutionary techniques and emotional depth. Renowned for her "soak-stain" method, she poured thinned paint onto unprimed canvas, producing ethereal, flowing compositions. Frankenthaler’s art transcends boundaries, captivating viewers with its fluidity and intensity, making her a pioneering force in modern abstraction.
Including Fine Art, Works on Paper, Asian Antiques, Continental Furniture, European Decorative Arts, Jewelry, Contemporary Art, and Mid Century Modern Design.
Including property from the following:
• Collection of the late Edna Riviere
• Collection of Phillip J. LeBlanc, Youngsville, Louisiana
• Estate of Paula Levine, Galveston, Texas
• Collection of Aimee Mouch, Boerne, Texas
• Collection of P. Solnik, Houston, Texas
• Collection of Massimo Fillichio, Miami Beach, Florida
• Collection of Bill Deming, Porthee, Michigan
• Collection of Brian Towne, Pearland, Texas
• Property of the University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas